Regular Meetings and Method Sessions are usually held at the Coquitlam Legion (1025 Ridgeway, Coquitlam) at 7:00 PM. Alternate locations and times are noted as below. See Directors’ Reports for additional information.
Mar 24 to Mar 26
BC OUTDOORS SHOW – Chilliwack Heritage Park
- Lickman Road & Hwy #1, Chilliwack
- Osprey Fly Fishers are hosting a Tying Table.
- Tying Demonstrations & Teaching new Tyers.
Fish Out Joint with Totems – Bulltrout & Steelhead on the Squamish River.
- Breakfast: 7:30 am at Tim Hortons (Industrial Way - Squamish)
- Lunch: 1:00 pm - Ashlu River Campsite.
Michael & Young – Spey Day
- Location: ENTRANCE BAY, CULTUS LAKE
- JOIN US for a day (9:30am kick-off) full of fun, food, presentations, and an opportunity to play with some of the new rods, reels, and lines on the market.
- Our primary focus is Spey casting, but we will have single hand fly rods and lines for you to try too!
- Official announcement and additional information: My Fly Shop Spey Day
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Pizza Night - Closed Meeting - No Guests.
- Business arising since the closed meeting in November.
- Ratification of Regisered Guests applying for membership.
- Election of Officers.
Fish Out – Cutthroat on Harrison River, Lake & Nearby Sloughs.
- Breakfast: 7:30 am at Rocco's Diner (32786 Lougheed Hwy., Mission)
- Lunch & Libations: 2 pm at Dudney Pub
Method Session – Advanced Fly Tying Techniques for Bass Flies
- Presenter: Dennis Gamboa.
- A Commercial fly tyer for over 25 years. Teaches fly tying at local fly shops.
- Techniques will include "airbrushing" and a new technique on "foiling".
Apr 28 to Apr 30
Fish Out – Corbett Lake Lodge
- BCFFF AGM also scheduled for these dates at Corbertt.
- This is a pay fishery on the Connector between Merritt and Summerland.
- A large cabin that sleeps 6 to 7 has been reserved.
- If you are interested in bunking into this cabin, contact Bruce Brandhorst.
- If full or you wish to have separate accommodations, contact Corbett Lake Lodge. (https://www.corbettlake.ca)
Regular Meeting – PRODUCT REP – Scott Baker-McGarva (Simms & other companies)
May 14 to May 21
Fish Out – Tunkwa Lake Resort
Reservations will be required. (https://www.tunkwalakeresort.
- Tunkwa Lake is one of British Columbia’s premier fishing destinations.
- The only fish species in Tunkwa Lake is Kamloops Rainbow Trout.
- Trophy fish in the 10 pound class are caught each year.
- Tunkwa Lake Resort offers a wide range of accomations (cabins, RV sites and tent sites).
Jun 9 to Jun 13
Fish Out – Knoff Lake Resort
Reservations will be required.
- The Ospreys will be returning to Knoff Lake for its annual June fish out.
- Several members have already reserved cabins.
- There are also several serviced and unserviced RV and camping spots.
- Besides Knouff Lake itself, there are other nearby lakes such as Badger, Community, Heffley and McGillvray.
- Knoff Lake Resort is located 20 km from Sun Peaks (which provides a more luxurious housing option).
Oct 1 to Oct 3
Fish Out Corbett Lake Lodge – Rainbow Trout on Corbett Lake
- Annual Fishout as Corbett Lake Fishing winds down.
- Excellent fishing in past years.
- Reservations will be required.